July 2010

MDJ Readers' Top 20 in 20: And The Winner Is...
Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 31-Jul-2010, 12:30AM EDT
The moment of truth has arrived! After weeks of elimination rounds, it is now time to announce the final results of the MDJ Readers' 20 in 20 Countdown: The Final Showdown.

The final two songs, "We Belong Together" and "Butterfly," went head-to-head in what proved to be a very exciting match. According to the final tally, with a total of 11,596 votes cast, THE ULTIMATE FAN FAVORITE MARIAH CAREY SONG is:

Butterfly, the title track from Mariah's most personal album, symbolizes the personal and professional metamorphosis that she was going through at that time in her life. The song has become an anthem for Mariah and her fans alike. It has been played during every concert tour she has embarked on since the Butterfly album, via either an intro or outro interlude. Mariah has always prided herself in her songwriting, and we are confident that she would be proud to know that a song so close to her heart has been awarded this distinction by us, the fans!

Let's give it up for "Butterfly" - the Ultimate Fan Favorite Mariah Carey Song!

Source: MariahDailyJournal

Preparations Underway for Mariah's Barretos Concert
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 30-Jul-2010, 12:40PM EDT

The diva comes to Brazil with a team that includes a masseuse and physical therapist. In total, 40 people will accompany Mariah Carey for her Brazil show

The organization's Cowboy Festival Aid Association is mobilizing a large operation so that the whole structure of the stage, sound and lighting meet the needs of American singer Mariah Carey who will perform a show at the Cowboy Festival in Barretos on August 21. A scenario was developed exclusively for the show which is scheduled to last for 1½ hours.

"We will build on stage two bases to support the platform for the dancers, drums and percussion that are four meters in height and 4 x 4 in diameter," explains director Cassio Leite. "Mariah will also perform on this platform. Entrance will be below the structure."

Also on stage will be three exchangers for a total of 50 square meters, intended for dancers, ballet dancers and the singer. Mariah and her team, consisting of 38 people between backing singers, dancers, physical therapist, masseuse and musicians, will occupy all available space in the dressing room known inside the Cowboy Park, as Casa dos Artistas.

The list of requirements for the dressing rooms also begins to be provided next week. One is that the air conditioning temperature must be unique in all environments. Various decorative items are also described in the requests. Premises for the offices shall be equipped with internet, phone and notebook.

Even with the special operation, Cassio Leite recalls that the infrastructure available at Cowboy Park is the same for all shows. "Mariah's team has already checked everything and we're building; and we met all the requirements of its production. They should only bring major musical intruments like drums and keyboards."

Mariah's team will arrive in Brazil on August 18. Mariah is expected to arrive either Aug. 19th or 20th via her own plane from Los Angeles to Sao Paulo, then to Barretos.

The company hired by the Cowboy Festival to offer sound is the Sound of Gabi, responsible for events like Rock in Rio Lisbon and Madrid. "The company is one of the three best in the world and fortunately is Brazilian," says Leite.

Tickets are on sale at www.zetcks.com.br.

Source: Independentes | Reinaldo

Nick Cannon: Mariah is Funny
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 30-Jul-2010, 9:32AM EDT
For someone in the middle of a comedy tour, Nick Cannon was sounding a little melancholy Thursday morning. The America's Got Talent emcee's plane hadn't even taken off from Los Angeles, and he was already missing his wife of two years, Mariah Carey.

"[The traveling] is a constant grind," said Cannon, 29. "Sometimes she comes with me. I even try my stuff on her. Mariah helps me -- she's one of the funniest people I know."

The 40-year-old pop diva is included in his act, which he'll do at the Fort Lauderdale Improv Friday and Saturday nights. "How could you not talk about it when you're married to one of the most famous women in the world?"

Sorry, but we have to ask: What of those pregnancy rumors? "We don't pay much attention to it. We live our lives," he said. "When we get pregnant, it'll be a secret."
Source: Miami Herald

Diddy Loves "Up Out My Face" Remix
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 29-Jul-2010, 2:32PM EDT
Sean "Diddy" Combs was asked to list his favorite remixes for VIBE Online: "Diddy loves him a good remix. Listen to his top ten favorites of the past 365 days." Mariah's "Up Out My Face" remix featuring Nicki Minaj made Diddy's top 10. Check it out here.

Mariah Continues Work on New Album, Has Fun with Fans
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 29-Jul-2010, 1:24PM EDT
After her recording and writing sessions in the studio, and impressing the hubby with her culinary skill in the wee hours of the morning; Mariah logged on to Twitter to spend some time with her fans by giving an impromptu game of NTT, and retweeting several fan messages.

Just finished singing,and a second session writing w/a classic,amazing collaborator(no names!) AND made dinner for my husband

Clearly he knows I cook better than anyone here"I been slavin'over this food for hours"(said like the wife in Taladaga Nights)lol

Thank you to all who replied to the NTT..I know I've been negligent lately doing LOTS o'tings..trying to finish this project etc

Ok..so I triiied to go on a retweet tangent& now I have to stop cos I chipped my thumbnail polish &my manicurist isn't here LOL

GN and I love you to all who had me laughing since I had a few seconds to spend twee ting, away from work 4 once ..DTBWWIG! L4L: )

Read the rest of Mariah's tweets! Congratulations to all the fans whose tweets caught Mariah's attention. And for those wondering what "DTBWWIG" means, it's "Doing The Best With What I Got."

Mariah Scans
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 28-Jul-2010, 10:09AM EDT
Below are scans from the August 2, 2010 issues of OK!, Us Weekly and In Touch; and from the June/July issues of Glamour (Romania), Joy (Russia), and Public (France).

Source: MariahDailyJournal | Manuela | Elmira

Mariah Sends Love to Brazilian Fans
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 28-Jul-2010, 9:04AM EDT
Mariah is excited to perform for the Brazilian fans. Here's what she said (in Portuguese!) on Twitter earlier today.

OLA, MEUS QUERIDOS FANS BRASILEIROS!!! EU NAO VEJO A HORA DE VE-LOS NO DIA 21 DE AGUSTO. COM MUITO AMOR, Mariah: )

HELLO, MY DEAR BRAZILIAN FANS!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU ON AUGUST 21. WITH MUCH LOVE, Mariah: )

News Tidbits
Posted by Lynn on Sunday, 25-Jul-2010, 5:22PM EDT
• In the last 20 seconds of Jermaine Dupri's "Living The Life" video, recorded midnight of July 21st, he briefly mentions Mariah saying he's on the way to the studio with Mariah but that she's in with other producers first.

• A legal battle between Lionsgate Films and The Weinstein Co., who sued each other in February last year over rights to 2009's Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire, has been amicably resolved out of court. A notice of dismissal was filed in Los Angeles on Thursday, July 22. No details about the agreement have been issued. Ace Showbiz.

• In this brief footage (starts at 1:05 into the video) from Nick Cannon's recent Las Vegas comedy show, he tells his audience: "At first nobody even really believed me that I was married to Mariah Carey... it's not like I can't even blame you all though 'cause I'd probably wouldn't believe it either... The people always ask me too, 'How did you get Mariah Carey?' I don't know! It's like my life turned out like a really good game of M.A.S.H. - Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House; you pick all the cars you wanted... and you pick the four women that you would want to marry. On top of my list, number one, Mariah Carey." Access Hollywood.

• World figure skating queens Yu-Na Kim and Michelle Kwan skated a duet to Mariah's "Hero" on the ice show "All That Skate Summer" in South Korea on Friday, July 23rd. You can watch their performance here.

• Mariah's Walmart-exclusive fragrance Ultra Pink is featured in the store's online ad. It's priced at $30 and can be purchased at Walmart.com.

• Screenwriter Russell Schaumburg will be focusing on his film Tennessee at the Aug. 5 meeting of the Knoxville Writers' Guild. The meeting, which will be open to the public, will be held at 7pm at the Laurel Theater. A $1 donation is requested at the door. Seymour Herald.

• During a post-show segment "Twitter Q&A" on Thursday's Lopez Tonight, guests Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull were asked "Has a song ever made you cry?" An emotional Pitbull replied, "A song that inspired me and motivated me when I was young was Mariah Carey's Hero." You can watch this segment here. Pitbull talks about Mariah at about the 3:30 mark into the video.

• Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt revealed she tried working out in high heels on the treadmill, but soon realized it was a bad idea. "I thought it would really help my butt. It didn't, it just hurt my back. I had read Mariah Carey did this on the treadmill." Daily Mail UK.

• An hour-long Mariah Carey TV special was aired Saturday, July 24th on RAC 105 TV in Catalunya (a part of Spain) featuring some of Mariah's music videos like Dreamlover, Heartbreaker, Someday, Always Be My Baby, I'll Be There, Emotions, Touch My Body, Hero, Vision of Love, My All, Honey, Love Takes Time and One Sweet Day. Some screen shots by Nando are below.

• Thanks to everyone who voted for MariahDailyJournal in the Mariah Spanish Awards 2010. Check out the complete rundown of winners by category here.

FANS' CORNER
• Fans from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil are having a pre-party for Mariah's Barretos show at Bar Boy (Raul Pompeia 102, Copacabana) on Saturday, Aug. 7th starting at 9:00pm. Admission is $10. If you want to join the fun, contact Carlos via e-mail or his Orkut page for further details.

• Thanks to Ana Carolina, Mandy, Reinaldo (Mariah in Brazil art), Ceguedes (drawing), Fabiano, Cleyton (wallpapers); and Willian (MC collection) for sharing their work with us.

• Check out the following fan videos:
  —Brendan made a video of his adorable daughter Molly's various performances.
  —Black Buddafly duo Amina and Jazz singing "Lead the way" in this video.
  —Matt created a video featuring all of Mariah's perfumes here.
  —Angelo with his fan-made music videos for "I Only Wanted" and "Migrate."
  —Iisakki from Finland sings "Vision of Love" in this video.
Source: MariahDailyJournal | Jeff | Steel | Brendan | Ana Carolina | Reinaldo | Willian | Marc | Juju | Nando | Mandy | Kim | Ceguedes | Fabiano | Nando | Matt | Angelo | Iisakki

MDJ Readers' Top 20 in 20: The Final Showdown
Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 24-Jul-2010, 12:30AM EDT
And then there were two...

The moment has arrived! It's a fight for the title of Ultimate Fan Favorite Mariah Carey Song.

After six weeks of elimination rounds for our MDJ Readers' Top 20 in 20 countdown, it all comes down to this final showdown:

IN ONE CORNER, you have the song that officially solidified Mariah's "comeback" and catapulted her back at the top of the charts to reclaim her throne. IN THE OTHER CORNER, you have the title track from an album that inspired Mariah's metamorphosis from the pop princess next door to the sultry queen of R&B.

Let's get ready to rumble! Which song will come out on top? Only YOU can decide their fate. Vote now! Poll will close on Friday, July 30th at 11:59pm EST.

Below are the results of Round 6 of our Top 20 in 20 countdown.

ROUND 6 RESULTS
1. We Belong Together - 4,271
2. Butterfly - 3,730
Vision Of Love - 3,649
Always Be My Baby - 3,187
Fantasy - 2,123
Total Votes: 16,960
Source: MariahDailyJournal

Ask Billboard: Who "Is" the '90s?
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 23-Jul-2010, 6:54PM EDT
Artists who define decades, based on not only success, but pop culture impact. Of course, many artists span multiple decades, and perhaps this is subjective. But, to me, Frank Sinatra "is" the '40s, Elvis Presley the '50s, the Beatles the '60s, the Bee Gees the '70s and Michael Jackson the '80s.

So, who "is" the '90s? I'm not sure I can put the face on the decade. Nirvana maybe? Kurt Cobain and company perhaps best define the grunge genre that so took hold that decade, and Cobain's early death put a mysterious stamp on the era. And the '00s? Perhaps Eminem?

Billboard's Gary Trust:
These are some great questions, and what perhaps makes them so fun is that there's no definitive answer.

Joel Whitburn's most recent version of "Top Pop Singles," which chronicles the first 50 years of the Hot 100 (1958-2008), names the following artists as the top performers of each decade:

'60s: the Beatles
'70s: Elton John
'80s: Michael Jackson
'90s: Mariah Carey
'00s: Nelly

In Billboard's 1999 year-end issue, the combined song and album decade placement for the '90s shows as follows:

1, Mariah Carey
2, Janet Jackson
3, Garth Brooks
4, Boyz II Men
5, Celine Dion

While digesting all these rankings, since you asked, here are the artists that come to my mind when I think of each decade's top performers. '50s: Presley. '60s: the Beatles. '70s: John. '80s: Madonna. '90s: Carey. '00s: Eminem.

I choose Carey for the '90s based on her 14 Hot 100 No. 1s during the decade, a run that includes time spent at the top spot in every year in that span. While grunge, and alternative in general, arguably reached a pop culture zenith in the '90s, the genre's biggest hits often did not make the impacts on the Hot 100 that one might expect. (Nirvana's biggest Hot 100 entry, "Smells Like Teen Spirit," peaked at No. 6).
Source: Billboard

Marriage Jokes Not Off-limits
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 23-Jul-2010, 5:48AM EDT
Comedian Nick Cannon is using stand-up gigs in Vegas to debut jokes about his marriage to Mariah Carey. Is Mariah cool with that?

"I hope so," he tells me, laughs, then adds: "I'm talking about everything, whether I get in trouble or not."

He and Mariah are interested in having kids, but he spent the past few days denying she's pregnant.

I asked him whether they'll be ready to take kids to all those zoo/aquarium type things for the rest of their lives. "You only know when the time comes," he says. "When you're presented with it, you don't have any other choice."

The two travel to see each other on her concert tours and his comedy tours. "She'll be at some of my shows, and I'll be at some of her shows," he says.

From Entertainment Tonight:
Nick Reveals When He and Mariah Will Have a Baby on the Way

Nick Cannon has grown accustomed to being flooded with questions about becoming a father, but he is resolute with his response. Mariah Carey's hubby put his stand-up chops to the test, entertaining a crowd at Playboy Comedy inside the Lounge at the Palms Casino Resort on Thursday night in Las Vegas.

The "America's Got Talent" host wants inquiring minds to simmer down about when he and his wife will add a baby to the mix. "I'm going to have kids when everybody stops asking and everybody stops being so nosey," he said to hush fans and tabloids. "It's one of those things in God's hands and when the time is right it happens."

He did disclose, however, that they share tender moments in bed. "We do watch 'AGT' together. Sit in bed, popcorn, and watch me," he admitted. "I'm an egomaniac, so it's a little egotistical, but I do it."
Source: Doug Elfman - Las Vegas Review-Journal

Name That Tune... In Fact, Name 'Em All!
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 22-Jul-2010, 10:46PM EDT
While we seductively dab on our favorite Lollipop Bling fragrance, anxiously await updates on Mariah's new music, and eagerly anticipate her upcoming concert in Brazil; let's play a fun, festive (and possibly even frustrating) game to test your lamb brain.

In this game, you will have to name all of the songs on Mariah's studio albums except MTV Unplugged in 18 minutes. All songs including the bonus tracks, interludes and reprises are there.

Click here to play the game now! See how well you can do. Post your scores in the Comments section. No cheating!
Source: MariahDailyJournal | RedSimba88 | j42b42

Mariah Back in Studio, Visits Nick's 92.3 NOW Show
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 21-Jul-2010, 10:37AM EDT
Earlier this morning, after working with Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox on her new album, Mariah paid a visit to husband Nick Cannon's 92.3 NOW morning show, Rolling with Nick Cannon.

MariahCarey Just left the studio w/@LTLline aka Jermash! Now @ work w/my husband@NickCannon ..he needs a nice sofa or chaise lounge in here: )

Nick Cannon My wife @MariahCarey just bumrushed the radio station and took over my show @923nowfm #ClassicRadio

Listen to Mariah's take-over of Nick's show below!

[ Download audio ]
Source: Mariah & Nick on Twitter | Allison - CBS Radio

LollipopBling.com Back Up
Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 20-Jul-2010, 12:29PM EDT
"I am super excited that my fans can finally experience my amazing new website. It's an interactive, guilt-free candy wonderland, inspired by the New York skyline – my hometown!" –Mariah Carey

Check out the new Lollipop Bling site now!

Lollipop Bling on display at Macy's in Providence, RI
Posted by Jonny on Monday, 19-Jul-2010, 6:34PM EDT
MariahDailyJournal was at Macy's at the Providence Place Mall in Rhode Island this past weekend. Below are photos of their creative Lollipop Bling display and scans of the fragrance sampler. The staff did a great job utilizing the promotional materials, including giant lollipops, ring pops, three watches in the colors of the fragrances and gift sets. Macy's employee Calvin has provided us with the following pricing information:

• Purchase one fragrance and receive a ring pop. $35.

• Purchase two fragrances and receive two ring pops, plus either a watch or a stylish purple/snake skin print tote bag as a free gift. $70.

• Purchase three fragrances and receive three ring pops, plus either a watch or a stylish purple/snake skin print tote bag, and a gold Mariah container that zips up with 2 gold butterfly charms and Mariah Carey engraved on the top as a free gift. All this for $105.

• The Macy's Providence store ships for free anywhere in the US with any purchase of $50 or more. Orders should arrive within 5 days. Fans can call (401) 351-9900 ext. 2124 and ask for Calvin to place your order.

Source: MariahDailyJournal | Gary | Calvin

Mariah in Brazil TV Commercial
Posted by Lynn on Sunday, 18-Jul-2010, 8:08PM EDT
Watch the commercial for Mariah's August 21st concert at Festa Do Peão de Boiadeiros in Barretos, São Paulo that's currently being played on Brazilian TV.

Source: La Turismo | Reinaldo | Rodrigo

Mariah Muppet on Sesame Street
Posted by Lynn on Sunday, 18-Jul-2010, 7:32PM EDT
Some of you may remember seeing this 1992 episode of Sesame Street as a kid.

Mariah Cowey is a bovine singer who appeared in a 1992 episode of the educational TV program for preschoolers, Sesame Street. After an introduction by Maria, Mariah sings "Some Hay," a song about the many different foods people eat, but since she's a cow, her diet consists of just hay, which she uses to produce her milk. She is a parody of famous singer, Mariah Carey.

Source: Sesame Street | Eric

Mariah Scans
Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 17-Jul-2010, 8:54PM EDT
Below are scans from recent issues of Star, Us Weekly, and France's Célébrité magazines.

Source: MariahDailyJournal | Elmira

MDJ Readers' Top 20 in 20: Top 5 Songs Revealed
Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 17-Jul-2010, 12:30AM EDT
Thank you for participating in our polls! Below are the results of Round 5 of the MDJ Readers' "Top 20 in 20" countdown.

TOP 5
» We Belong Together - 4,346
» Vision Of Love - 3,835
» Always Be My Baby - 3,809
» Butterfly - 3,503
» Fantasy - 3,291

Eliminated:
» My All - 3,186
» Emotions - 2,825
» Honey - 2,702

Total Votes: 27,497

We're one step away from the final face-off between the Top 2 Mariah Carey songs! "We Belong Together" has remained unfazed at the top in the last 5 weeks of the countdown. Will it make it all the way to the finals? And which song will challenge it? "Vision of Love" which made a comeback at #2 this week, the ever-strong "Always Be My Baby" or will we see a surprise from either "Butterfly" or "Fantasy"?

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 2 SONGS NOW! Poll will close promptly at 11:59pm EST on Friday, July 23rd. Results and a new poll for the Finale will follow soon thereafter.
Source: MariahDailyJournal

LollipopBling.com Launched
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 16-Jul-2010, 3:29PM EDT

Check out the newly-launched Lollipop Bling official site!

"When Elizabeth Arden heard my song 'Candy Bling' (an obscure track from my last album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, but definitely one of my favorites!) and the story behind my engagement – Lollipop Bling was born!" –Mariah Carey

The fun and festive site includes a web store, the story behind "Lollipop Bling," and interactive features like "Candy Gram" that you can send to your friends, and "Keep In Touch" where fans worldwide can sign up for e-Newsletters to get all the latest updates on Lollipop Bling.

Lollipop Bling will soon be available in Australia (at Myer), South Africa (at Truworths, Foschini, Edgars), U.K. (TBD), and New Zealand (at Farmers & Life Pharmacy).

Lollipop Bling in People StyleWatch and ELLE
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 16-Jul-2010, 2:36PM EDT
A full-page ad for the new Mariah Carey fragrance collection, Lollipop Bling, appears in the August 2010 issue of People StyleWatch, on page 29. The ad which includes a sample strip for the 3 scents "Mine Again," "Ribbon," and "Honey" is sponsored by Macy's.

Another full-page Lollipop Bling ad, courtesy of Dillard's, runs in the August 2010 ELLE magazine, on page 155.

Get your Lollipop Bling bottles today! In stores at Macy's, Dillard's, Belk, Bon Ton, Boscov's, Ulta and Sephora inside JC Penney; or online at ElizabethArden.com.
Source: MariahDailyJournal

Mariah's Brazil Concert to be Broadcast Live?
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 15-Jul-2010, 4:07PM EDT
According to Independentes, all the events during the Festa Do Peão de Boiadeiros (Cowboy Festival) in Barretos, São Paulo on August 19-29 will be covered by national TV broadcasters Globo, Globo News, and Band Channel Live Earth with special presentations, news, reports and flashes in programming; radio stations Native and Band; and online sites Independentes and Universo Online International (UOL).

Mariah's concert, scheduled for August 21, is expected to be broadcast live from the main stage of the Rodeo Arena starting at 0:00h.

See Mariah perform live in person at Barretos! Tickets are on sale now at zetks.
Source: Ana Cristina - Independentes | Reinaldo

Piers Morgan: "I'm Only Joking, Mariah"
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 15-Jul-2010, 10:02AM EDT

AGT Judge Piers Morgan on Comment About Mariah's "Hero" - Extra TV

Piers Morgan: "No, I'm joking. I'm only joking, Mariah. I love Mariah."

Source: MariahDailyJournal

AGT Contestant Hand-whistles "Hero"
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 14-Jul-2010, 4:14PM EDT
Last night on the first live episode of America's Got Talent, 75-year-old contestant Sally Cohn hand-whistled a rendition of Mariah's "Hero." Watch her performance here.

"Great choice of song," said Nick joining her on stage. "My wife just got another check. I appreciate that, Sally."

He then turned to judge Piers Morgan for his opinion. "I was going to say, that's THE best rendition of the song I've heard," he said, ribbing Nick, "much more in tune than I'm used to hearing from a certain performer."

Replied Nick: "She's going to kick your a--."
Source: USA Today

Mariah's Curling Iron Injury
Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 13-Jul-2010, 5:58PM EDT
Mariah suffered a minor burn during a hairstyling session earlier today. She posted on Twitter:

Breaking news..Why is Mariah always 'on fire'? Just now hairstylist(who shall remain nameless) abused me w/a curling iron whil trying to curl and dancing to my new song..ow. I'm searching for some aloe or whatever but its not looking pretty..its basically a welt..Oh the trials and tribulations Divadom! Now he's all trying to put toothpaste on it and swears its a home remedy,I'm like 'Stop crying,you're NOT fired' lol."

L.A. Reid's IDJ Post in Jeopardy?
Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 13-Jul-2010, 11:43AM EDT

Mariah and L.A. Reid

The word is starting up again at Island Def Jam Records: L.A. Reid, they say, may be on his way out.

Listen, no one criticized L.A. Reid more almost a decade ago when he took over Arista Records. He had a rocky start. that's for sure.

But Reid's promotion from running LaFace Records to Arista and then to Island Def Jam has shown him to be a mature, decisive record man. Losing him now would be a mistake for Island Def Jam and Universal Music Group.

The rumors emanate now because Lucian Grainge has come to the US from Universal International to run UMG. He's a music man but he's looking at the bottom line. And in the music biz these days, it just doesn't look good. It doesn't help that Grainge was described in Billboard earlier this year as a "killer shark."

Reid, on the other hand, is a softy. He signed up Jennifer Lopez, God knows why. His experiments with Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri failed. The last Mariah Carey album was a disappointment. Reid loves Lionel Richie and keeps pushing out new records. It's admirable. But Hello? Is it Richie young kids are looking for? Not really.

So Reid has Justin Bieber, the annoying teenager. Leave it to Bieber-he's a hit. You can't discount that. Reid has a hot album and promo push coming for Brandon Flowers, lead singer of the Killers, with his first solo effort. It smells like platinum. Charlize Theron stars in the video.

Reid has some other gambles about to hit, so watch out. He went to Belize and signed up rapper Jamal "Shyne" Barrow after he got out of jail. Shyne famously took the rap in the P Diddy/Sean Combs-Jennifer Lopez nightclub shooting a few years ago. Now he's out, and mad after serving nine years of a decade long sentence.Not only that, he's been deported to his native Belize. If Reid can turn Shyne into a cause celebre, he may have a hit on his hands.

There's also a new album from one half of Outkast, Big Boi. And Mariah Carey, as I've already reported, is hard at work on a new album for possible Christmas release. And it was Reid who "broke" Duffy, his own Dusty Springfield.

The industry wags are predicting that Home on the Grainge will look very different once he takes over in January 2011. I think not. And he's sure to see that L.A. Reid is one of the last links to what makes the record business still run or feel like it might have a little magic left.
Source: Roger Friedman - Showbiz411

Mariah on Pollstar's Top North American Tours List
Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 13-Jul-2010, 11:26AM EDT
Pollstar.com just released its list of the Top 100 North American Tours of 2010 so far, and while sales are down 17 percent to $965.5 million from last year's $1.162 billion, fans are still coming out to see their favorite artists.

Of the hip-hop sect, only Black Eyed Peas and Jay-Z charted in the top 100. B.E.P, who have been on their 'The E.N.D. World Tour' jaunt since September 2009, charted at No. 6, grossing $29.5 million with an average ticket sale price of $63.57. Jay-Z landed further down the chart at No. 12, earning $22.5 million from his 'BP3' tour that featured opening acts Trey Songz and Young Jeezy.

Bon Jovi checked in at the top spot on the list, grossing $52.8 million during the first half of the year, while James Taylor and Carole King landed at No. 2 with $41 million, Taylor Swift at No. 3 with $34.2 million, Paul McCartney at No. 4 with $31.6 million and George Strait, Reba and Lee Ann Womack at No. 5 with $29.8 million.

Other notable acts include Alicia Keys, who ranked at 27 with $11.7 million grossed, as well as Maxwell and Jill Scott, whose joint tour put them at 31 with $10.5 million accrued. Mariah Carey was the only other urban act to land on the chart, coming in at No. 36 with $9.1 million grossed.
Source: Pollstar | BoomBox

Lollipop Bling "Sweet Treats" Fragrance Party
Posted by Jonny on Monday, 12-Jul-2010, 2:26PM EDT
Mariah Carey Beauty and Lucky Magazine are having a party to celebrate Mariah Carey's new fragrance, Lollipop Bling.

Macy's Cross County
Main Floor, Fragrances
800 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, New York

Thursday, July 15
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Join the Party! You and your friends can step into a photo booth, play the Spin 'N Win Wheel to win big prizes, indulge in Lollipop Bling, and more! Be one of the first 10 partiers to purchase all three flavors and receive a free pink iPod shuffle! With any purchase of two flavors, receive a free bracelet and stylish bag!

New Photo: Mariah, Nick & Kevin Writer
Posted by Lynn on Monday, 12-Jul-2010, 11:45AM EDT

RydazNrtist's front man Kevin Writer has posted a new picture of him with Mariah and Nick Cannon on his Twitter ("This one is for my Lambs and Rydaz. Love ya'll").

"Ribbon" Makes Cosmopolitan's Hot Beauty List
Posted by Lynn on Monday, 12-Jul-2010, 11:00AM EDT

The Blue Raspberry Ring Pop-inspired "Ribbon," from Mariah's new Lollipop Bling fragrance collection, makes Cosmopolitan magazine's "The Hot Issue: Beauty Loot" list.

Not-So-Innocent Scents
Spiked with musk, spices, and sensual oils, these aromas radiate sexiness. Spritz one on and you will too.

Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling in Ribbon, $35
When Sweet Met Sexy
Inspired by Ring Pops, this sugary scent has a sultry whitewood base.
Source: MariahDailyJournal

Official Press Release: Mariah Carey in Barretos
Posted by Lynn on Monday, 12-Jul-2010, 10:11AM EDT
MARIAH CAREY WILL BE PERFORMING EXCLUSIVELY AT THE BARRETOS RODEO
Concert to take place on the 21st of August in Barretos, Sao Paulo

It has been confirmed that the North American super star Mariah Carey will be performing at the 55th Barretos Rodeo, the biggest of its kind in Latin America. The concert will take place on Saturday, August 21 on the main stage of the Rodeo Arena. The rodeo will take place from the 19th to the 29th of August.

Mariah Carey has made an indelible impact on the global music industry and audiences everywhere as the best-selling female artist of all time whose eighteen #1 singles rival all but The Beatles. As a singer and songwriter, Ms. Carey has been recognized with five Grammy Awards, nine American Music Awards, Billboard's "Artist of the Decade" Award, The World Music Award for "World's Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium," and was named one of Rolling Stone's select "100 best artists of all time" list, to name a few accolades.

The fifty thousand capacity arena will stage Mariah's super production as it is her only scheduled show in Brazil for the year and will mark her second time performing in the country.

INTERNATIONAL CONCERTS
Mariah Carey's performance retakes a tradition of the Barretos Rodeo of having an international concert during the event, which has had Shakira (1995), Garth Brooks (1998), Alan Jackson (1999), Reba McEntire (2000) and A-HA (2001). The event hasn't had an international concert since A-HA.

"We have been dreaming of an international concert for almost a decade and now we are returning with one of the biggest names of music in the world," says the President of the Barretos Rodeo, Marcos Murta.

In addition to Mariah Carey's concert, the Barretos Rodeo will have over 100 national concerts during the 11 days of the event, which includes a national and international rodeo.

Click here for ticketing information. Non-Brazilian fans or fans coming from outside the city to see Mariah's show, please e-mail us. Our Brazilian friends Ana Paula, Reinaldo, Rodrigo, and Lucas have signed up to assist in getting around Barretos.
Source: MariahCarey.com | MariahDailyJournal

News Tidbits
Posted by Lynn on Sunday, 11-Jul-2010, 4:08PM EDT
• The official Lollipop Bling site will launch on Thursday, July 15th. Be sure to check it out!

• Logo TV will feature Mariah's "The Adventures of Mimi" concert as part of its all-day Diva Worship marathon on Sunday, July 11th. Mariah comes on at 5:30pm EST.

• VH1's "Friday Night Alright" concert series airing, you guessed it, on Friday nights will feature a Mariah concert (most likely "The Adventures of Mimi") in August. Zap2It.

• "The Adventures of Mimi" DVD had not been available for quite some time on iTunes but now it's back up - Buy ($9.99) or Rent ($4.99, in HD) it!

• Jeremy was on vacation in South Dakota and went to Woody's Wild West Old Time Photo shop in Deadwood where they had a selection of celebrities' driver's licenses for $2.30 each. They're obviously fake, but they have Mariah. Scan/photo to the right.

• Singer Shanice gave a shout out to Mariah on Twitter: "You and I never met but I would like to tell you that you're voice is amazing!!Keep doing your thing! Continue to let God use u." Here is a video of Shanice singing her favorite Mariah Carey song, "My All."

• To the right is a photo of a "The Adventures of Mimi" dress that Greg saw on store-front display and on sale for $10 at a shop in East Village, New York.

• BET caught up with Sisqo from Dru Hill, who shared his thoughts on MJ's tribute at the 2010 BET Awards."I heard it was supposed to be a, like a tribute for Prince and Michael, we should have been on that, you know? Considering we sang 'The Beautiful Ones' and you know, I do a pretty good 'Billie Jean.' We did ['The Beautiful Ones'] with Mariah Carey on the Butterfly Album. Check it out."

• Newly signed Sodapop/Def Jam recording artist and American Idol Season 7 semifinalist Asia'h Epperson cites Mariah as a big influence on her music in this video. "I think that an artist that influenced me the most was definitely Mariah Carey. We're both mixed. I just remember being a little girl and going to Blockbuster and renting her MTV Unplugged when it was on VHS. And just sitting infront of the TV, and just watching her perform and listen to her, I knew that that's what I wanted to do. When I saw her singing 'Vision of Love' and songs like that, 'Without You' and all these songs like it gave me this crazy feeling that I just knew it - that's what I wanted to do. I wanna do what she's doing. I want to make people feel the same way as I feel while I'm watching her. I think a song that really speaks to me as well as the rest of the world is 'Hero.' That's the song that everybody loves and I think everybody needs a hero... I think that song would probably be one of my favorites from her." USA Today.

• Music promoter Antywan Ross, president and CEO of the RDA Group, pleaded guilty on Thursday to a wire fraud charge, admitting that he solicited $330,000 from a New Jersey investor to promote a series of Mariah Carey concerts that never took place, and spent most of the money for personal expenses, including the purchase of an automobile. North Jersey.

• RydazNrtisT's GQ Ryda talks about their Soulful Warfare Vol 1 track "Best Night" in an interview with ARTISTdirect: "That was a night where one of us got caught kissing in the club [Laughs]. I relate it to the Mariah Carey 'Angels Advocate' tour, which we just opened. It makes me think of an after party from one of those nights. You get off stage, people recognize you and your wish is their command [Laughs]. There's a lot that goes in that night. We did like 26 cities on that tour. Every other day we were on stage performing so that was amazing. It was the experience of a lifetime. You usually start off singing in church or something, but we started off on the Mariah Carey tour. Big ups to Mr. Incredible, the owner of Incredible label. You know who that is... The 'Angels Advocate' tour was amazing. It was honestly a blessing from God."

• At last month's inauguration of Siren at Apex in Washington, DC; local promoter and DJ Aaron Riggins closed the night playing Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." "For some reason that song just evokes pure happiness to people," he says. "Everybody sings along no matter [what the season]. It's always funny to see the reaction of the crowd when it comes on, because at first they're like, 'Hmm, what the f***?' But then after a few seconds they're like, 'Okay, I love this song.' Then everybody just goes crazy -- they're dancing, they're singing along." Metro Weekly.

• The Korea Times reported that Kim Yu-Na and Michelle Kwan will skate a duet at the upcoming "All That Summer Skate" in South Korea. The duo will skate to "Hero," by Mariah Carey as Kwan was Kim's idol growing up. NBC Universal Sports.

• Feeling the first-pitch jitters. Mariah Carey plays concerts in front of tens of thousands of screaming fans. Her first pitch at a game at the Tokyo Dome bounced about two feet in front of her, making her the poster child for the phrase "throwing like a girl." Carl Lewis, possibly the best athlete of the 20th century, won nine Olympic gold medals. He once threw out a first pitch in Seattle that landed about halfway to the plate. His form was a mix of a shot putter and Carey. Hutchinson News.

Australia: According to Myer, Lollipop Bling will be available in its stores in September.

Romania: Below are scans from recent issues of Glamour, OK!, Click and Timis Expres.

FANS' CORNER
Fan Art: Thanks to Arief, Bryson, Sharwaan, Ariel, and Wimpi for sharing their art work with us.

Fan Photos: Below are pictures from the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil fan party celebrating Mariah's 20th career anniversary held on June 19, 2010 at Le Boy Club.

• Fan Videos:
—Jared rocked his custom made, sound activated "Mariah" shirt that lights up at Fire Island Pines in New York. You can see a video footage of him here working the dance floor with it.

—Ricardo, Bruno and fellow Brazilian fans made a video in tribute to Mariah's 20th anniversary in music.

—Allan recorded the fireworks display in Cave City, Arkansas, and set it to a medley of Mariah's "4th Of July" and "Underneath The Stars." Check it out here.

—Mimi performed "Touch My Body," "Vision of Love," "Always Be My Baby" on his recent Mariah tribute show at the Drag club. You can view videos at his YouTube channel.

—Gary performs "Stay The Night" on piano (the first piano version ever on the web) here.

—Alex created his own music video for "H.A.T.E.U." using clips from various Mariah videos. Check it out here.
Source: MariahDailyJournal | Amanda - Logo TV | Alissa | Jared | Ricardo | Ray | Allan | Mimi | Gary | John | Arief | Manuela | Bryson | Sharwaan | Wimpi | Gustavo | Fan Party | Jon | Andrew | Jeremy | Ken | Ariel

MDJ Readers' Top 20 in 20: Top 8 Songs Revealed
Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 10-Jul-2010, 12:31AM EDT
Thank you for taking the time to participate in our polls! In Round 4 of our "Top 20 in 20" countdown, you were asked to pick your top 8 out of 11 Mariah Carey songs. The final results are as follows.

TOP 8
» We Belong Together - 4,676
» Always Be My Baby - 4,329
» Vision Of Love - 4,220
» Butterfly - 3,948
» My All - 3,913
» Fantasy - 3,842
» Emotions - 3,826
» Honey - 3,447

Eliminated:
» Don't Forget About Us - 3,264
» Fly Like A Bird - 3,233
» One Sweet Day - 3,027

Total Votes: 41,725

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 5 SONGS!
Round 5, Top 5. Cast your votes for the Top 5 Mariah Carey songs now! The 3 songs with the least votes at the close of poll on Friday, July 16th at 11:59pm EST will be eliminated.
Source: MariahDailyJournal

Rare Photo: Mariah in 1988
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 09-Jul-2010, 2:34PM EDT

This rare photo of Mariah, with actor/singer Will Smith, appears in the July 19, 2010 issue of Life & Style magazine.

Flashback: 1988 Hollywood Yearbook

Mariah Carey and Will Smith

Before Mariah hit the big time with her debut single, "Vision of Love," she rubbed elbows with Will Smith, who was riding high off the success of his single, "Parents Just Don't Understand," at the KIIS FM Endless Summer Jam in LA.
Source: MariahDailyJournal

Mariah is Confirmed to Perform in Brazil
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 08-Jul-2010, 8:43PM EDT
Thanks to Mariah's management, we are now able to report and confirm that Mariah is scheduled to perform in Brazil at the Festa Do Peão de Boiadeiros (Cowboy Festival) in Barretos, São Paulo on Saturday, August 21.

Mariah's concert is the main musical attraction of the night and it will be staged at Barretos' open-air central stadium, which has a capacity to accommodate 50,000 people.

Tickets to the show are now available for purchase at zetks. Below, you will find seating maps and the corresponding price points for the areas of seating.

Ticket Prices:
• VIP Floor* = R$300,00 (US$170.00)
• Floor = R$200,00 (US$113.00) / R$100,00 (US$57.00) students only
• Seats = R$200,00 (US$113.00) / R$100,00 (US$57.00) students only
• VIP Boxes** = R$700,00 (US$400.00)

* in front of the stage
** including DJs, food/drinks, special shirts and security

A formal press release will be issued in the next days.
Source: MariahDailyJournal | Ana Paula

Mariah on Billboard's "Songs Of The Summer"
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 08-Jul-2010, 4:17PM EDT

Hot weather plus nostalgia makes for a potent mix (or mixtape). Billboard has combed the Hot 100 for the summer months of each of the past 25 years to bring you the top ten jams pumping out of stereos everywhere for the last quarter century.

These hot tunes are ranked based on each track's performance on the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the summer and are ranked based on an inverse point system, with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at No. 100 earning the least.

Mariah appears the most (along with Rihanna) with 5 of her songs making it to Billboard's "Songs of the Summer 1985 - 2009" Top 10 lists. Of the 5, two are ranked at #1.

1990

8. "Just A Lil Bit" - 50 Cent
9. "Let Me Hold You" - Bow Wow feat. Omarion
10. "You And Me" - Lifehouse
Source: Billboard | Can

Nicki Minaj Talks About Mariah in VIBE Interview
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 07-Jul-2010, 12:19AM EDT
VIBE cover girl for June/July Nicki Minaj gives a shout out to Mariah in her interview with the magazine.

ON RECORDING WITH MARIAH CAREY
That was insane! I mean let alone I'm a huge fan and she's a huge icon. No album out! Female. Rapper. Doesn't happen. That does not happen. I don't care how far back you look. I dare any hip-hop historian to tell me when that has ever happened. It doesn't. And I still don't know why it did.

Related Articles:
• It's been months since her collaboration with Mariah on the remix of "Up Out My Face" but Nicki Minaj is still in awe. "Not only did we do a song together, but I was in a video with Mariah Carey! I still haven't gotten over that!" (Interview, 06/23/10)

• Q: You've rapped on songs for Usher, Mariah Carey, and Robin Thicke. How much do you charge for a cameo? "I get a handsome amount. I could definitely buy a car off one of my guest appearances. And I'm not talking about a Hyundai." (Details, 05/25/10)

• Nicki Minaj says she was so surprised that she got a call to work with Mariah Carey on the remix of "Up Out My Face" that she kept the collaboration very hush-hush. "I didn't even tell anyone I shot a video with Mariah, because I didn't even believe. In the back of my mind, I felt like, 'This video is not gonna come out. There's no way I'm gonna do a video with Mariah Carey before I even put out my album.' Then, when it came out, I think it was the #1 video on YouTube in one day, something crazy like that. She's an icon, I've loved her since I was little, like 'Vision of Love,' 'Someday.' I was one of those little girls in the mirror singing her songs with my mother." (MTV News, 02/08/10)
Source: VIBE

Mariah and Nick's Pups Love to Doggie Paddle
Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 07-Jul-2010, 12:18AM EDT
Melting in the summer heat? Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's four dogs know exactly how to keep cool.

"They love to swim... every day. They're swimming dogs," Cannon told PEOPLEPets.com on July 4. "Every time you open the door, they just run and jump in the pool. And stay in there literally for hours... stay in there, swimming in the pool."

The couple's quartet of Jack Russell terriers – Jay Jay, Cha Cha, Dolomite and newest pup Jackie Lambchops – get along swimmingly, too. "They all get along, they're a family," the America's Got Talent host told PEOPLE after his two-hour set spinning at Eldridge East at Bamboo in East Hampton, N.Y.

Each of his pups has a role in that family – although Jackie Lambchops is so new (born last month) Cannon hasn't yet figured out her personality. "Jay Jay is very obedient. He's the father, he acts like the father figure," Cannon explains. "Dolomite, the son, he's crazy. Cha Cha's the diva. She's just like Mariah."
Source: PEOPLEPets | Roy

What is Your Favorite Lollipop Bling Fragrance?
Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 06-Jul-2010, 3:15PM EDT
Mariah loves all of her three new Lollipop Bling fragrances, "Mine Again," "Ribbon" and "Honey;" that she can't decide which one is her favorite!

I'm wearing 1 of my brand new fragrances "mine again" right now..it is SO good(look 4 the lollipop bling collection) LYM!

I can't even decide which one of my new scents is my favorite."Honey" is the perfect sunny fragrance for july 4th weekend! HT: )

Ok,now I'm so conflicted cos "Ribbon" smells so delicious that I can't pick a favorite of my 3 new fragrances!!!

How about you? Those who have already purchased their bottles or had the chance to sample the new scents, let us know which one is your favorite by taking the poll below. And briefly tell us in the Comments section the reason for your selection.

Below are avatars, banners and Twitter backgrounds that you can use in forums/message boards, social networking sites or in your e-mails to let your friends and family know that Mariah's new fragrance collection, Lollipop Bling is now out at Macy's and other fine department stores! We thank our friends Can & Murat for making the images for us!

AVATARS

TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

BANNERS

Source: MariahDailyJournal

Free Mariah Videos at the Nokia Store
Posted by Lynn on Monday, 05-Jul-2010, 9:22AM EDT
Ovi Store, the official store for Nokia mobile devices, is offering two Mariah videos for a free download to registered users. Click on the links below to download two live performances from Mariah's shows in Las Vegas in September 2009.

I Want To Know What Love Is and Hero

Mariah on AT40's Biggest Music Milestones
Posted by Lynn on Sunday, 04-Jul-2010, 12:16AM EDT
American Top 40 is celebrating its 40th anniversary this weekend, and they're tweeting 40 of the biggest music milestones of the last 4 decades, by year. Mariah has been mentioned twice for years 2000 and 2005.

Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey are named best-selling pop artists of the millennium at the World Music Awards in 2000.

Mariah Carey's 2005 hit "We Belong Together" is declared the most successful song by a female artist in Billboard history.
Source: AT40

MDJ Readers' Top 20 in 20: Top 11 Songs Revealed
Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 03-Jul-2010, 12:01AM EDT
Thanks everyone for participating in our polls! In Round 3 of the MDJ Readers' "Top 20 in 20" countdown, you were asked to pick your top 11 out of 14 Mariah Carey songs. The final results are as follows.

TOP 11
» One Sweet Day - 3,272

Eliminated:
» Hero - 3,204
» Dreamlover - 3,185
» Heartbreaker - 3,082

Total Votes: 50,597

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 8 SONGS!
In Round 4 of our countdown, we will vote for our Top 8 Mariah Carey songs. The 3 songs with the least votes at the close of poll on Friday, July 9th at 11:59pm EST will be eliminated, and will not move on to the next round. Cast your votes for your top 8 songs now!
Source: MariahDailyJournal

Billboard Update
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 02-Jul-2010, 11:29AM EDT
Below, find the chart positions of Mariah's albums in the July 10, 2010 issue of Billboard magazine.

Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums

Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel: #45 (Last week: #42)
Sales this week: 1,688 (-5%)
Total Sales: 491,742

Playlist: The Very Best of Mariah Carey: #119 (Last week: #124)
Sales this week: 360 (-3%)
Total Sales: 8,250

The Ballads: #173 (Last week: #159)
Sales this week: 221 (-18%)
Total Sales: 140,150
Source: Ritcher | MariahDailyJournal

All Fired Up
Posted by Lynn on Friday, 02-Jul-2010, 2:15AM EDT
You know it's a good sign when there are sparks on your first date. For Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey, literal pyrotechnics graced theirs - and there are still plenty of fireworks between the married couple.

"The Fourth of July is really special to my wife and me. We love watching fireworks, especially since we saw them on our first date," Cannon tells us.

This year, the "America's Got Talent" host will also be the emcee of the world's largest fireworks display, the 34th Annual Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular airing on NBC.

Cannon tells the New York Post he's excited to participate in the city's festivities. "This is actually the first time I'll be in New York for the Fourth. And this is going to be a great event."

The celebration will also feature teeny-bopper Justin Bieber and musical performances by the New York Pops and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, all from the decks of the cruise ship the Norwegian 'Epic.'

Last year, the star and his wife were in Los Angeles - not far from Cannon's hometown of San Diego. "When I was younger, I took a few trips across the border to Mexico to buy fireworks so I could put on a show at home. One year, we nailed one to a tree and it flew off and starting chasing my uncle around the yard. Now I pretty much stick to the safer stuff, like sparklers."

As for his favorite kind of professional pyrotechnics: "I like the ones where you think it's over and then they have a few extra sparks with their own little light surprise show," Cannon says with childlike anticipation.

Sky lights aside, he and Mariah take the holiday pretty seriously. "We have Fourth of July outfits. She has a little flag bikini with stars and stripes, and I wear my Uncle Sam top hat and flag swim trunks - I'm sure there are photos of us somewhere. We celebrate our patriotism with our wardrobe."

And, they use the nation's birthday to spend time with family. "My best memories of the Fourth are the past two years - being able to spend it with my wife and reflecting on how much we appreciate each other."

When asked if she'll accompany him while hosting the Macy's spectacular, Cannon gushes, "I'm hoping so! She's diligently working on her holiday album because she has a tight deadline, but we better be together for the holiday. We have to make out while the fireworks are going off!"

From USA Today: Speaking of family, will his wife Mariah Carey be watching the fireworks with him? "I'm hoping she'll be there," Nick Cannon told Lifeline Live. "She's in the middle of finishing her next Christmas album. I think she has deadlines and stuff. She's at our house in L.A."
Source: New York Post

A Mariah Carey Shoe Line?
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 01-Jul-2010, 2:55PM EDT
From Women's Wear Daily's Footwear News, 6/14:

Good Fortune
Despite torrential downpours, Fortune Footwear went all out for its 25th anniversary bash last Wednesday at the Empire Hotel rooftop (which, thankfully, was covered). But the company might soon have more to celebrate: The firm is rumored to be close to a footwear deal with superstar songstress Mariah Carey, as well as "Dancing with the Stars" pro Cheryl Burke.

Fortune Footwear Inc. is a private label women's footwear and handbag sourcing, design and distribution company. Customers include catalog companies, retail chains, shopping networks, branded and celebrity buyers. Every year they create hundreds of innovative women's shoe and handbag designs with more than 10 million pairs of shoes and 3 million handbags manufactured. The Fortune Footwear showroom is located at the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City.
Source: WWD

Lollipop Bling Out in Stores Today!
Posted by Lynn on Thursday, 01-Jul-2010, 12:24PM EDT
Mariah's newest fragrance collection; Lollipop Bling is now available nationwide at select department stores including Macy's, Dillard's, Belk, Bon Ton, Boscov's, Ulta and Sephora inside JCPenney; and online at ElizabethArden.com!

LOLLIPOP BLING
An irresistible candy-inspired collection of three mouthwatering fragrances inspired by Mariah's unforgettable marriage proposal - her engagement ring was hidden inside a Ring Pop® candy wrapper! Each fragrance is bright, sparkling and multifaceted with its own signature spin. Priced at $35 each, online purchase comes with a FREE exclusive deluxe mirror compact. Purchase Lollipop Bling now by clicking on the links below!

Buy Now!

Mariah Carey's Lollipop Bling Mine Again Eau de Parfum Spray, 1.0 fl. oz.
MINE AGAIN is a floriental fruity combination of Chocolate Raspberry with a touch of Magnolia that creates an addictive fragrance.

Top: Red Currants, Blood Orange, Heliotrope
Mid: Raspberry Chocolate, Cotton Candy, Magnolia
Base: Creamy Musk, Tonka Beans, Vanilla

Buy Now!

Mariah Carey's Lollipop Bling Ribbon Eau de Parfum Spray, 1.0 fl. oz.
RIBBON is a mouthwatering floral fruity fragrance inspired by the flavor of the Blue Raspberry Ring Pop combined with a beautiful floral bouquet.

Top: Raspberries, Honeydew, Cucumber Pulp
Mid: Hydrangea, Blue Lotus, Jasmine Dew
Base: Liquid Musks, White Woods, Sugar Crystals

Buy Now!

Mariah Carey's Lollipop Bling Honey Eau de Parfum Spray, 1.0 fl. oz.
HONEY is an irresistible floral citrus fragrance combined with a touch of Honey and Pineapple, creating a bright and sunny fragrance.

Top: Passion Fruit, Pineapple Juice, Lemon Drops
Mid: Amazon Lily, Fresh Ginger, White Freesia
Base: Frosted Musks, Linden Flowers, Honey

Visit the official Lollipop Bling site below!

Mariah on Twitter: Lambs! Check out the sneak peak of Lollipop Bling's AMAZING website www.lollipopbling.com. Its festive: )

Online Users

ON THE COVER »

TV Guide
January 2013

The Hollywood Reporter
January 2013

OK! UK
January 2013

Browse our magazines archives.

UPCOMING EVENTS »

May 27, 2014
New Album Release: Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse
ON THE TUBE »

May 28, 2014
The World Music Awards
NBC - 8pm ET

May 31, 2014
Me. I Am Mariah.
NBC Special with Matt Lauer
NBC - 8pm ET

1998
May · June · July · August · September · October · November · December

1999
January · February · March · April · May · June · July · August · September · October · November · December

2000

2001

2002

2003

2004

2005

2006
January · February · March · April · May · June · July · August · September · October1 · October2 · November1 · November2 · December1 · December2

2007
January1 · January2 · February1 · February2 · March · April · May · June · July · August · September · October · November · December

2008